The FireMaster, Metalite’s premiere firefighting vessel, is built with a unique range of features that emphasize rescue service efficiency. No matter the environment – local fire districts, municipalities, marinas, resorts and government entities – these vessels are customized to meet virtually any fire and rescue environment or application, as well as all public demands for safety, reliability and long-lasting value.
The Metalite Marine FireMaster is a reliable and durable firefighting machine.
The FireMaster is a watercraft that is built to fight fires and provide rescue services, with a range of optimized features for increased efficiency:
- Design provides greater flotation and stability for room to work.
- Large deck area provides ample space for firefighters and rescue workers to operate equipment and support rescue efforts easily and efficiently.
- An extended hose and reel option allows high-pressure water to be pumped from offshore to the land.
- Extended hose reel option with the capability of delivering high-pressure water from offshore or pump water up to the land.
- Decking material can be selected based upon desired use and added features. Typical options include non-skid diamond plate, non-skid treated marine grade plywood with vinyl surface, wood planking or other specified materials.
- Customized cabins provide a secure area for personnel and passengers – equipped to accommodate all necessary safety materials.
- Boat railing can be formed uniquely for appropriate deck use and storage, as well as to provide optimal protection and safety.
- Comfortable, contoured seating can be made in varying lengths and widths, with a range of covering options to fit the vessel’s operating environment. Furthermore, seating may be designed to include water-tight or self-draining storage compartments.compartments.
- An open, flat deck surface that is ideal for harboring specialized equipment on board where it is safe, convenient and accessible.
Sizes and Specifications
Additionally, The open flat deck surface is ideal for maintaining specialized equipment on board where it is convenient and accessible.
Additionally Important Features:
Pumps and Plumbing
The FireMaster’s typical configuration is a forward mounted pump that draws water from a filtered outlet in the rear of the pontoon. The pump may be set up to attack fires from varying angles: the boat deck, or another location by attaching a hose that feeds to a hydrant or a truck.
Twin Engines for Greater Maneuverability
The FireMaster is typically equipped with twin engines for greater control. By operating one engine in forward mode while reversing the other, the vessel can easily maneuver in extremely confined areas. Furthermore, the second engine provides a redundant fail-safe system in the event of a motor failure or damage.
- The motors are protected by being placed behind the pontoons, helping to avoid contact with logs and debris.
- For safety, the fuel tanks may be integrated into the pontoon(s) along with other storage requirements. An on-board portable fuel storage option is also available.
- Motors and configurations may be selected based upon the power, speed and maneuverability you need for your firefighting requirements.
All accessories and features can be tailored to the customer’s needs. We can design and manufacture fire boats to meet your needs. Visit our parts section for all the available options available.