Metalite builds an industry-leading series of utility boat platforms. These are extremely rugged and stable work boats and barges. They range in size – from 6 feet wide to 12 feet wide, with lengths that are typically from 12 feet to over 40 feet long. These boats are a product of closely-managed work that takes place at both factory and consumer level to accommodate a wide variety purposes.
- Payloads vary by selecting an appropriate hull dimension, and can range from 1000 lbs to over 20,000 lbs.
- Deck – Most of the utility boats have an aluminum deck. Additionally, Metalite provides the option of marine grade plywood or a pressure-treated plank deck, with an optional anti-skid coating that can be applied to any of the deck materials.
- Hulls – Hulls use marine-grade aluminum in either 5052 allow, 125” thick or 5086 salt water allow, 188 (3/16ths) thick.
- Railing is considered standard and both rear and front railing can be included. The front railing is often removable and, typically, includes chain gates.
- Bows – Standard bows are sharp V-shaped for smoother operation at slow speeds, easily maneuverable in rough or choppy water. The nose of the bow can include boat bumpers to protect the hulls and allow for pushing other material or barges. Furthermore, boats can include a center-cut-out area for retrieving buoys easily, and working closely on pylons. The open bows can have an optional cover plate.
- Personnel cover – Metalite boats are equipped to help the user avoid too much sun, wind or rain, if desired. Options include: cloth Biminis, T-Top style cover in stand-up and sit-down state, and a full-size aluminum canopy that can be collapsed for transportation and when entering fully-configured, climate-controlled cabins.
- Crane – All platforms can be equipped with a crane. The style of crane can be selected based upon the work or task at hand. The cranes include 4 post jib-style, davits and more. NOTE: Lifting capacities must be specified.
- Motors – These barges are offered with single or twin motor configurations up to 250 hp. Typically, steering is hydraulic and can include stainless steel propellers.
- Trailers and Transportation – DOT-compliant trailers for all utility boat platforms are also available.
Call us now and get back out there. 208-755-4179