Metalite Marine manufactures a variety of work platforms and barges.
For over 20 years Metalite (previously known as Chinook) has been designing and manufacturing the some of the most rugged and best-built pontoon barges, work boats, leisure/pleasure boats in the world. Whether you’re located in Prudhoe Bay, AK , the Great Lakes, or the Atlantic seaboard, Metalite Marine is committed to providing you with a work boat or barge equipped to fit your exact needs.
- These work boats and barges can be designed to handle various loads, equipment hauling, dredging, personnel carrying and payload with flotation specifications.
- They are available for fresh or salt water environments.
- The designs typically include safety railings, barge bows, integrated plumbing and electrical options, and tie downs.
- Various deck materials are available, including aluminum, aluminum diamond plate, pressure treated or wood plank decks, and heavy-duty fiberglass grating. The decks can be treated with anti-skid coating to insure tractor in the work environments.
- The platforms may be built in single-unit sizes, ranging from 0’ – 12’ wide and 0’ – 50’ ft long. Also, multiple units in can be combined with dock couplings. Multiple sections can be made in a barge-style form using heavy-duty pin barge couplings to allow for combining platforms. These platforms may be moved by pushing, towing or by adding motors of various sizes for propulsion.
- Barges may be configured for outboard motors with internal fuel storage tanks that leaves the decks open and available for use.
- Decks can be set up for cranes, canopies and personnel cabins with helms and workstations.
- Custom trailers are available for easy transportation to the work site.